We Love Our Volunteers
3 ways to sign up:
1) Click on the pHOTO to See Volunteer opportunities
2) Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
3) call us at (928) 890-8386
In Our Kitchen
Daily Hot Meal
- Volunteers for dinner preparation are needed every day from 10:00 a.m. – noon.
- Servers and clean-up crew are needed daily from 3:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Kitchen Backdoor Lunch Service
Volunteers help every day from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. & 12:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. to hand out sack lunches.
Volunteers assist with preparing the daily hot meal for 150-200 clients. Activities may include washing and slicing produce, assembling salads, cutting meat, and preparing grains. Volunteers may also assist with cleaning prep stations, washing dishes, and distributing sack lunches.
Children's Literacy Program
Paul Switzer Reading Room
Volunteers assist youth coming to the food kitchen for dinner with their homework and reading, every day from 4:00 to 5:30 p.m.
Children's Literacy Events
We need volunteers to help with several literacy events we put on throughout the year:
- Love of Reading Week (February)
- Hatch a Reader Education Event (April)
- Harvest of Books (October)
- Gift of Reading (December)
At the Food Bank
Emergency Food Box Distribution
Volunteers hand out food boxes Tuesday through Saturday from 8:45 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
General Food Bank Support
Volunteers sort donated food and help with daily tasks that keep our food bank running smooth. Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Produce Box Packing
Volunteers help pack emergency food boxes that will be distributed to those in our community needing help. Monday through Friday 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. (available in various shifts).
Make a Difference
Support our hunger relief programs and help Flagstaff Family Food Center provide millions of meals to men, women and children experiencing food insecurity and hunger right here in the community.