Join Our Team
Working in close coordination with the Executive Director, this position supports comprehensive fund development based on the organization’s strategic goals. A successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to translate ideas into action through planning, organizing, and implementing fundraising activities. They will be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and have the skills to personally participate in high-level individual and institutional donor relationship management. The Philanthropy Manager will promote a culture of philanthropy across the organization so that fundraising is valued by everyone and understood to be inextricably linked to the mission. A successful candidate will be aligned with the organizational values of teamwork, passion for the mission, and community service.
Philanthropic Development Responsibilities
● Actively participate in the annual creation of the Development Action Plan and follow through on its successful completion to achieve organizational goals and budgeted revenue targets.
● Organize and manage the development program; consistently follow policies, systems and procedures; plan and administer the development budget.
● Identify, cultivate, solicit and steward contributed revenue sources, including individuals, corporations, foundations, and community organizations.
● Prioritize donor retention through the creation and execution of an annual stewardship plan.
● Establish and administer fund development activities including: Board of Directors giving, major donor initiatives, annual giving, recurring giving, planned giving, and special events.
● Prepare statistical and narrative monthly development reports to document work, monitor progress, and reflect achievements.
● Plan and execute events in coordination with key staff members and the Board Outreach Committee.
● Provide accurate and consistent data management and oversight related to recording, tracking, recognizing, and retaining donors.
● Use sound judgment and discretion regarding confidential information while following organizational policies.
● Participate in professional development activities related to nonprofit fundraising, ethics, and compliance.
● Keep the Executive Director promptly and fully informed of all issues (i.e. problems, unusual matters of significance and positive events) and take prompt corrective action where necessary or suggest alternative courses of action.
● Complete job responsibilities and performance objectives in a timely and effective manner and in accordance with Flagstaff Family Food Center policies and procedures.
● Maintain a positive working relationship with all staff members and volunteers to foster and promote a cooperative working environment.
● Promote a positive public image of Flagstaff Family Food Center.
● Perform other duties and responsibilities as required or requested.
● Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to foster and grow relationships with key stakeholders internally and externally.
● Excellent written and verbal skills, including public speaking.
● Able to aggregate and analyze data to inform fundraising program decisions and share outcomes with donors.
● Experience with grant opportunity research, proposal writing, and reporting.
● Competency navigating digital media and software applications, including Microsoft Office, Google Suite, email systems, and social media platforms.
● Familiarity with Bloomerang CRM or similar
● Experience soliciting and securing major gifts ($100,000)
● Federal grant application and management experience
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00 – $68,000.00 per year
-Paid time off
-8 hour shift
-Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location
Please fill out our form below if you are interested in any of our open positions.
Make a Difference
Support our hunger relief programs and help Flagstaff Family Food Center provide 3 million meals to men, women and children experiencing food insecurity and hunger right here in the Flagstaff community.