Neighbors Feeding Neighbors, Every Day.
Flagstaff Family Food Center hasn’t missed a single hot meal since 1991!
Over 30 years ago, local businessman and philanthropist George McCullough would give his business card to any person he met on the street who needed some help and tell them to head over to the Grand Canyon Cafe for a hot meal and use his business card as payment At the end of the month, he would square up with the restaurant owners, Fred and Tina Wong. McCullough’s generosity became well known around Flagstaff and eventually evolved into a soup kitchen, first opened in the basement of his church.
More and more community members became drawn to the mission of feeding those in need and on Christmas Day 1991, the Flagstaff Family Food Center officially opened its doors. The Center’s merger with Northern Arizona Food Bank in 2013 led to our new name of Flagstaff Family Food Center: Food Bank and Kitchen, and widened the scope of our services to include emergency family food boxes.
And that’s how a community built the Flagstaff Family Food Center: Food Bank and Kitchen.
Kitchen Manager, Lead Cook
Facilities and Operations Director
Sr. Warehouse Manager
Program Manager (Reading Room & Community Resources)
Our Great Staff
Flagstaff Family Food Center
Board of Directors
- Sylvia Johnson, President (FUSD, Retired)
- Eric Boatner, Vice-President (Allstate Insurance)
- Kathy Kilgrow, Secretary (Teacher, Retired)
- Kevin Stephens, Treasurer (Stephens & Company)
- Steve Bennett (Retired, W.L. Gore & Associates)
- Lina Wallen, Member (Flagstaff Housing Authority, Retired)
- Sedric Cade (Edward Jones)
- Lea Clifton, Member (Self-Employed)
- Jean Christy, Member (Teacher, Retired)
- Tony Abrams, Member (W. L. Gore & Associates)
- Joel Rohrbough (Northern Arizona Orthopaedics)
- Tim McCoullough (NFP Insurance)
- Chris Budwig (FFFC)
- Kristen Downs (Northern AZ Ear, Nose & Throat)
- Jim Dykes (W.L. Gore & Associates)